Thursday, March 12, 2009


Have you ever been overwhelmed with choices? For the past 3 month-ish, life has been so, so odd. Bouncing between Rexburg and Kaysville, not knowing what I should be doing was driving me CrAzY. Even though I struggled with indecisiveness, I had the greatest support. My companion from my mission who lives in Malta offered me a place to stay and would help me find a job. My cousin Hilary extended her arms to me to stay with her and her adorable family in Powell Wyoming. My other cousin Chelsea found a sweet deal on a town house and offered me an empty room. Then, one of my dearest friends from the 32nd ward was trying to get rid of her scandalous roommate and wanted me to take her spot for a great deal, knowing that I would be there only for a short while. I wanted be with them all! I was overwhelmed by the amazing generosity and thanked the Lord for such amazing people in my life. Needing some more direction, I turned to Him for some added guidance. I was instructed that I should be with my new roommie down the street from the 32nd ward. Little did I know that I could be here for her during an interesting time and turn of events for both of us. My karaoke nights with Tiff and Gentry have been such and highlight, and I especially loved my gal pal nights with Leslie, Jenny, Karen and Dot.

Then a phone call came last Thursday night with an offer that I couldn’t refuse. I have been asked to help take care of an elderly lady for a couple weeks until school starts. You question the offer now, weeelll let me tell you where this lady lives...she lives on a little island called Honolulu. I fly out on Monday and come back on Wednesday, April 15. My dear friend Andrea from the Madison Branch in Rexburg is working with this elderly lady out there and needs an extra buddy to help care for her. It's free housing and food, plus we live on the beach. I've never gone to Hawaii and I am getting paid to go, it's perfect timing!!! This picture is a part of the back yard, and I'll definitely send you more pics along the way! I can't wait and I wish I could take you with ME!

1 comment:

Nate and Hilary said...

I don't know... you'd pass up Wyoming for THAT?!? What's wrong with you, girl? Obviously kidding! My mom told me the news and I've been meaning to call you. You're going to have so much fun. Be safe, and enjoy the beach! Love you!