Thursday, June 25, 2009

No Mans Land...Seriously

Ok, so here's the dealio. The phrase ‘NO MANS LAND,’ is so applicable to where I currently reside. Last night, I was catching up on my facebook life to hear the ‘melodic’ roars of cows – yes cows. SO, I’m submerged into nothingness. I’m not use to this having been raised in suburbia. And that’s not all, there are literally NO men, yes I say men. I storm the campus and church with the wee little young’ns that are male. I’m usually 10-7 years older than they. So, (I’m going to continue to vent here for a second) spring really does bring out something in the teenagers that I see around me. Couples are captured spellbound in each other’s arms, lying in the grass, EVERYWHERE. Lingering kisses that verge on the side of ‘get a room,'…They are so young and naïve, it’s like they are playing grown up, ya know?

Now, I’m not saying this as an hold bitter hag, but as a 28 year menace to society, who would definitely not play grown up with a boy, but be a grown up with a man! (Mmm, I like that) Come on young’ns of BYU-I, can we just turn the PDA down a notch?

I’ll continue on my educational quest, trying to avoid this scene, but I know it’s useless. The majority of you who actually read this are married, so embrace the fact that this part of life is over and continue to play with your cute kiddos! In the mean time, set me up would YA, help me get out of ‘no man’s land,’ or I might just have to succumb to the precarious world of romance that some find online…oye…ok, now I’m done, venting complete ...for now ;)

2 comments:

Pili girl~ said...

Hilarious! Love it, relate to it, and that's why we're friends.

Erin said...

You ROCK! Oh man, this post made me smile! I hear you. I was teaching high school and had past STUDENTS sending me BIRTH announcements only after the wedding announcements were dust covered. I taught for 10 years and I would have to say that probably the only place harder than Rexburg, ID to be single and over 25 is Provo, Utah. So with that said... you wanna move here? You could live with us!:) I know there are older men here- I know cuz I married a hottie and he was 34 at the time!

Ok so this comment is already a novel, but I had to mention that I LOVE 1) your play list and 2) your super fun writing style! You're awesome! Hang in there and call me ANYTIME!!